Saturday, July 25, 2009
Visit to Guangzhou SWI
Susan, Fei and I (Sandra) were very fortunate to have an hour long tour of the Guanzhou Social Welfare Institute following the conclusion of the program on Saturday morning. The SWI Director, Mr. Xu Jiu, agreed to the tour provided that we agreed to take only photos of the building and approved staff. We readily agreed. The Guangzhou SWI is situated just outside the city in the lush tropical hillsides. It feels cooler, quiet and peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle of the city.
The pictures include the following:
-Director Xu and the Assistant Director with Sandra at the front entry.
-Main entrance to the SWI
- Looking into the courtyard play area
- The SWI has an innovator doctor that makes braces for children with limb deformaties
- GSWI Social Worker, Virginia in her work area
- The staff returning to the SWI with ASIA's hula hoops for the children to enjoy. These hoops were designed and made in West Linn, Oregon!
- Looking across small farms to a new large addition for a cerebral palsy center